Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's Contemporary World Cultures: People, Places, and Societies, Texas Edition © 2016 is written to align with the Grade 6 TEKS and ELPS to help give students comprehensive coverage of the curriculum. It provides the tools to create a richer understanding of the world today and the people and societies that populate it. The program motivates students with lively features rich in the relevance of world geography. Skills, such as map reading, research, and civic participation are integrated throughout the program.
The text's narrative carefully integrates literacy instruction and scaffolds reading support throughout. The Teacher's Edition provides point-of-use differentiating instruction activities for English language learners, learners having difficulty with the content, and advanced learners. Academic vocabulary is woven throughout the program right along with content vocabulary, to ensure the rich vocabulary development that students need in order to succeed.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and HISTORY
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's partnership with HISTORY® enriches the program with high-quality multimedia resources such as:
- HISTORY Multimedia Classroom Connections for most chapters
- HISTORY Chapter Videos indicated on most Chapter Openers
- Links to HISTORY videos added at point of use related to the narrative, biographies, and special features
Contemporary World Cultures: People, Places, and Societies, Texas Edition © 2016 is available in print, online, and as downloadable eReader files. The digital delivery of content paired with print components gives districts that are moving toward an all-digital delivery the flexibility to transition at their own pace.
- Texas Student Edition (print, online, and eTextboook)
- Texas Spanish Student Edition (print, online, and eTextbook)
- Texas Guided Reading Workbook
- Texas English/Spanish Guided Reading Workbook (print and online)
- Streaming Digital Media Library, Student Access
- Texas Teacher Edition (print, online, and eTextboook)
- Texas Guided Reading Workbook Answer Key (print and online)
- Streaming Digital Media Library, Teacher Access
- Common Cartridge®