Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's Texas History © 2016 is written to align with the Grade 7 TEKS and ELPS to help give students comprehensive coverage of the curriculum. It provides the tools to create a richer understanding of Texas's past and its impact today. The program motivates students with lively features rich in the relevance of Texas history. Social Studies skills, such as interpreting maps and visuals, document analysis, and writing are integrated throughout the program.
The text's narrative carefully integrates literacy instruction and scaffolds reading support throughout. The Teacher's Edition provides point-of-use differentiating instruction activities for English language learners, learners having difficulty with the content, and advanced learners.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's partnerships with HISTORY® and the Bullock Texas State History Museum enrich the program with high-quality multimedia resources such as:
- HISTORY Chapter Videos indicated for Chapter Openers.
- The Story of Texas spreads and online explorations, developed by the Bullock Texas History Museum
- Links to HISTORY videos added at point of use related to the narrative, biographies, and special features.
Texas History © 2016 is available in print, online, and as downloadable eReader files. The digital delivery of content paired with print components gives districts that are moving toward an all-digital delivery the flexibility to transition at their own pace.
- Texas Student Edition (print, online, and eTextbook)
- Texas Spanish Student Edition (print, online, and eTextbook)
- Texas Guided Reading Workbook
- Texas English/Spanish Guided Reading Workbook (print and online)
- Streaming Digital Media Library, Student Access
- Texas Teacher Edition (print, online, and eTextbook)
- Texas Guided Reading Workbook Answer Key (print and online)
- Streaming Digital Media Library, Teacher Access
- Common Cartridge®