Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's The Americans: United States History Since 1877, Texas Edition © 2016 is written to align with the Grade 11 TEKS and ELPS to help give students comprehensive coverage of the curriculum and to prepare them for the end-of-course assessment. It is an integrated program that provides teachers with a practical and motivational approach to teaching American history and to helping students think critically and reflectively.
The text's narrative carefully integrates literacy instruction and scaffolds reading support throughout. The Teacher's Edition provides point-of-use differentiating instruction activities for English language learners, learners having difficulty with the content, and advanced learners.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and HISTORY
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's partnership with HISTORY® enriches the program with high-quality multimedia resources such as:
- HISTORY Multimedia Classroom Connections for most chapters
- HISTORY Chapter Videos indicated on most Chapter Openers
- Links to HISTORY® videos added at point of use related to the narrative, biographies, and special features
The Americans: United States History Since 1877, Texas Edition © 2016 is available in print, online, and as downloadable eReader files. The digital delivery of content paired with print components gives districts that are moving toward an all-digital delivery the flexibility to transition at their own pace.
- Texas Student Edition (print, online, and eTextbook)
- Texas Guided Reading Workbook (print and online)
- Texas English/Spanish Guided Reading Workbook (print and online)
- Streaming Digital Media Library, Student Access
- Texas Test Prep Workbook
- Mastering the TEKS Student Worktext
- Texas Teacher Edition (print, online, and eTextbook)
- Texas Guided Reading Workbook Answer Key (print and online)
- Streaming Digital Media Library, Teacher Access
- Texas Test Prep Workbook Teacher's Guide
- Mastering the TEKS Teacher Guide
- Common Cartridge®