Designed to balance the need to cover key, standards-based government topics and motivate students to learn, United States Government: Principles in Practice © 2012 provides an innovative program that actively involves students in the learning process. The program provides content relevant to their everyday lives. Print and electronic materials engage all types of learners, while a well-structured narrative ensures that students will understand and apply principles of government. Collaborative hands-on activities, interactive simulations, and high-interest debate topics based on real-world case studies build problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. Making our political system meaningful to all students, United States Government encourages responsible participation.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and HISTORY
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's partnership with HISTORY® enriches the program with high-quality multimedia resources such as:
- HISTORY Chapter Videos indicated on most Chapter Openers.
- Links to HISTORY videos added at point of use related to the narrative, biographies, and special features.
- Student Edition (print, online, and eTextbook)
- Interactive Reader and Study Guide
- Streaming Digital Media Library, Student Access
- Student Casebook
- Primary Source Activity Kit
- Teacher's Edition (print, online, and eTextbook)
- Spanish/English Interactive Reader and Study Guides, Teacher's Edition
- Streaming Digital Media Library, Teacher Access
- Common Cartridge®
Correlation to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) (1.4 MB)
Correlation to the Texas English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS) (1.5 MB)
HISTORY® and related logos are the property of A&E Television Networks (AETN). Common Cartridge® (CC®) is a trademark of IMS Global Learning Consortium, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.